Monday 2 June 2014

Dancing on Thin Ice

Good Morning, 

Well it is Monday again and that means it is time for me to showcase you another card that I have made with one of Bev's stamps. 

Today I am showing you one of the Wordage stamps  Like I said previously I love these stamps and the sayings are so beautiful. 

Today's card is a 6x6

**Tip - I made my own card blank this time so for it to fit in a shop purchased envelope the card needs to be made just slightly shorter then 6x6 otherwise it will not fit in the envelope. **

I matted and layered this card blank with black and lobster pink card. The card base is black, lobster pink, black with white stitching around and then a final layer of lobster pink which has been embossed using an embossing folder. I didn't stick to the same dimensions for every layer, sometimes I like the look of fat layer and a thin layer. 

I stamped and embossed using a silver embossing powder the sentiment (I love this sentiment and have some good ideas for it, for a Christmas card, so keep an eye out for that one coming.) I matted this onto a serious of pink and black layers as well. 

To complete the card I made 8 flowers, I embossed the black layer with a dotty embossing folder and the pink layer with a flower embossing folder, I added a piece of card candi to each flower. I think you could get away with some gems in the center if you wanted to.

I didn't want to add much more, as I wanted the sentiment to be the main feature as it is such a beautiful saying.



The lovely sentiment, look how good it is stamped and embossed, this was a first time stamp as well. That is how good quality Bev's stamps are!


 A quick shot of the flowers 

Well that is it for me for today, don't forget to pop back tomorrow and see what Sue has on offer for you. 

See you next Monday
Crafty Hugs
Kelly
xxx

The Items I used are:
Embossing Folders
Card Candi

3 comments:

Jo said...

Fabulous.....love the colour combo & those flowers are just gorgeous!
hugs Jo x

jane stillman said...

A great card, love the flowers and sentiment

Irene said...

Hi Kelly

What a fabulous card, I in my younger days skated. Often felt that I was on thin ice. Love the colours.

Irene