Sunday 1 June 2014

Craft Every Day In June - Day 1

Good Morning Guys, 

Today is the first day of the challenge 

Craft Everyday in June. 

I only come across this last night via a post in a Facebook Group from a lovely lady called Kairen Varker  She has a lot more information on her blog about the challenge - if you would like to have a go, pop on over to her page and have a read of what is to come! 

I don't know if I will make it all the way to the end of June with exam time coming up, but I certainly am going to give it a good try!

I have decided as well that  I will also do a little give away -  3 separate winners -
Prize 1 - £10 Bee Crafty Gift Voucher
Prize 2 - £5 Craft Magazine - winner to choose
Prize 3 - Lili of the valley stamp to the value of £4.75

The only rules to be eligible are:
1. Follow my blog
2. Comment a minimum of 20 days out of the 30 


This is not a rule but I would also love for you to follow me on Facebook - if you do follow me, let me  know in the comments and this will give you an additional entry.

Unfortunately due to postal charges these days this give away is only open to UK friends. (I will look into how I can do a give away for my international friends and try and do something in a few months time)

So today is: 

Day 1:  What does crafting mean to you OR Craft something that has an age theme

I decided to go with the first part and make today's post a wordy post. 

Crafting to me means making something with my own hands and sharing this with other, and hopefully them liking it enough to cherish it for years to come and not just throw it in the bin with the other mass produced items. It also means giving me joy at creating something personal for the person receiving it.

Crafting to me also means relaxation. I love going into my craft room after a hard day and doing something that I love either it be a card, a scrapbook layout, or just simply colouring an image in. 

Crafting is creating something different every time I go into my craft room, I may use the same file/CD/Stamp but to me it will always come out different, and this is something that I love that every piece is unique in it's own way. 


So that is what crafting means to me. I would love to read your comments on what crafting means to you. Please don't be shy. 

Don't forget to pop back tomorrow for day 2

Crafty Hugs
Kelly
xxx

5 comments:

kairen said...

Thank you for joining in. Im still feeling rather daunted by the thought of whole month lol

Irene said...

Hi Kelly
A month of crafting, great.
I love to craft, it as you say is very relaxing. I love to have a challenge when making cards, as they are different every time. I love my Cricut and my Grand
Calibur, as you can make some lovely cards. Stamping is my time to relax and colour.

See you tomorrow.

Irene

Linda Simpson said...

Good luck with this Kelly. I am sure you will succeed. I have been following your blog for a while and I am will friend you on Facebook.

Crafting for me is a way of life. I am very lucky that I work in the industry and love nothing better than being creative everyday, it also keeps me out of mischief (that is what hubby says).

Hugs
Linda xxx

Jo said...

Hi Kelly, looking forward to blogging every day in June with you......love your post! off to follow you on Facebook! See you tomorrow for day 2!
hugs Jo x

Mel @ Melusberry HQ said...

Hey Kelly - Great post! I did this challenge last year with Kairen and it is a huge amount of fun and you'll find that the Challeneg when you're enjoying it actually goes rather quickly! Good luck with the exam time and good luck with the challenge! Looking forward to seeing your posts throughout the month!

Mel x