Thursday 12 June 2014

Craft or Blog A Day -- Day 12

Good Morning Everyone, 

How are we all doing? 

So today is day 12 and our theme is 

Day 12:  Tell us how you/where you get your inspiration OR Craft something with an autumn theme

Well I didn't feel like crafting Autumn - mind you with the rain and wind we have had it could be autumn again!

I always get asked by friends/family and other crafters "Where do you get your inspiration" so I thought I would share it with you. 

1. Pinterest - I LOVE this site, it took a while to work out how to use it and I did get frustrated at first, but I am so glad that I stuck with it. Basically I treat it like it is a search engine type in what I am looking for (Male Birthday Card or 50th Wedding Anniversary for instance) it will bring up lots on the screen, and then you click the pick and "pin" or "heart" it. When you "Pin" it you select what board you want to pin it on, you can create your own boards and call them what you like, you can keep them secret or public. You can find me on pinterest as well. You can find me here.

2. Google Images - Again this is a firm favourite of mine, I love how simple it is to use, and this used to be my number one, but then I found it hard to keep track of what images I liked, and ended up with a favourites list of websites as long as my arm.. This is why I went to pinterst. 

3. Crafty Blogs - I love getting inspiration from other crafters and then adapting it to my style or to suit the card that I need. 

4. Home Decorating Store - I often walk around home stores and see nice wall paper and the next thing I am taking a sample of it or a photo of it ready for an idea that has just popped into my head. 

5. Fashion - Shops always have the new hot things in and I take inspiration from the fashionable colours, like at the moment in the stores I have noticed that the sorbet colours are in "raspberry, peach, lemon" etc and these create lovely colour cards, or for layouts.



So that is were I get my inspiration from, basically inspiration can come from anywhere. 


Thank you for stopping in again today and having a read.. Don't forget when you leave your comments, why not tell me were you get your inspiration from. 


I have decided as well that  I will also do a little give away -  3 separate winners -
Prize 1 - £10 Bee Crafty Gift Voucher
Prize 2 - £5 Craft Magazine - winner to choose
Prize 3 - Lili of the valley stamp to the value of £4.75
The only rules to be eligible are:
1. Follow my blog
2. Comment a minimum of 20 days out of the 30 
This is not a rule but I would also love for you to follow me on Facebook - if you do follow me, let me  know in the comments and this will give you an additional entry.
Unfortunately due to postal charges these days this give away is only open to UK friends. (I will look into how I can do a give away for my international friends and try and do something in a few months time) 

See you tomorrow for Day 13

Crafty Hugs
Kelly
xxx

3 comments:

Irene said...

Hi Kelly

Thanks for sharing your inspiration ideas. I sometimes have trouble getting inspiration, some sites to look at.

Irene

Mel @ Melusberry HQ said...

Great inspiration there Kelly! Home decor stores is a pretty good one along with Google images. I think I use that one quite a lot without realising it! Good ideas here! Mel xx

Jo said...

Great choices Kelly.....I love Pinterest too.....maybe a little too much at times lol!
hugs Jo x