Sunday 30 March 2014

Happy Mother's Day

Happy Mothers Day to all you mums out there. 

For my American friends, today is Mother's day in the UK and no doubt all the mums have been spoilt by their kiddies. 


Today's card is a card I made for my brother to give to my mum, our mum loves Owls and when I seen this SVG file from Kadoodle Bug Designs I knew I had to use it for her card. The image was a free file at the time but you can still buy it - The file is called "Ottie Owl"

I cut the file using my cameo 

I matted and layered it up, and used distress inks to give texture and to edge the pieces, I used a Cuttlebug "Bubbles" embossing folder for his belly and glossy accents on his eyes. 

I used a couple of files from Birds Cards, I used her Flowers 4 and her Decorative Frame 1   I also used one of her Sentiment Files "Happy Mother's Day"









I love the cameo and how the print and cut works every time and how good the cuts come out. 

I still need a little bit of practise with it, but my poor Expression machine is slightly jealous of all the attention the Cameo is getting. 

I am entering this into the following challenges. 

Challenges 4 Everyone -#39- Anything Goes (2nd Entry) - 04/04
Dream Valley Challenges - #7 - Mothering Sunday - 06/04
Glitter n Sparkle - #78 - Mothers Day - 06/04


Thanks for looking and I hope you have all  had a lovely day
Crafty Hugs
Kelly
xxx

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Beautiful! Love the embossing on the owl. Nice job.

Linda Simpson said...

Beautiful card and loving the owl!
Hugs
Linda xxx

nwilliams6 said...

Super cute Kelly. Love the owls and the flowers. Great work. Miss ya! Hugz!

Irene said...

Hi Kelly
Lovely Owl, love the embossing on his tummy.
Irenexx

Ginny said...

gorgeous :)