Thursday 27 March 2014

Christmas Candle

Good Morning Everyone,

How are we all today?

Today is a start of a new challenge over at Scrapbooker PHD

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Challenge #9: Anything Goes + Vinyl




How do you use Vinyl? On a paper craft project? On a window or car? Show us your latest vinyl creations no matter what the form or format. 

Codes: M, 3E, C10

Sponsor:
We are tremendously lucky to have CricketVinyl Supplies as our sponsor. 




The design-team-chosen winner of our challenge will receive a $10 gift certificate to CricketVinyl, and a random chosen winner will receive a $5 gift certificate to CricketVinyl. With multiple ways to win, make sure to enter the maximum number of times: 3. 

Need supplies, CricketVinyl is offering our participants a 15% off discount! Just use the following discount code: scrapbookerphd
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now I had trouble with this, I have never used Vinyl before and then I had to try and find the Vinyl - anyway after I got the vinyl I decided to start my Christmas gifts, last year I had so many ideas for Christmas gifts but never got around to getting them done, so this year I am determined to make it happen. 

I took a candle, that already had gold paint on it from the manufacture. 

I added a ribbon and bow to the top of the candle. 

I used my Cameo machine - can I just say I love it - I love my cricut but I love this even more then that; which I never thought possible.

I used Birds Cards free files - I love her files they are so sweet and cut perfectly every time. 

I took a sentiment and a swirly Christmas Tree and sized it to what I wanted to fit on my candle I think the tree was 5 inches and the sentiment about 4 - I did write it down, but the crafty fairy has been and tidied up and I now can not find the measurements - When I do come across them I will add them for you. 





I need a bit more practice with them more so with the bow and the ribbon, need to try and make that Bow a little bit bigger but for now I am happy with the results 

(Please note - I do not know how the candle will react with the vinyl on when lit, please do not leave candles unattended - If you are unsure please remove the Vinyl first before lighting.)

Thank you for popping in and I look forward to reading your comments. 

Crafty Hugs
Kelly 
xxx

3 comments:

Irene said...

Hi Kelly

What a lovely idea, What a lovely gift for someone.

Irene xxx

Georgiana said...

Very pretty!

Unknown said...

Great idea on using the vinyl. The candle is perfectly decorated! I'm so glad to be on the DT with you :)