Thursday 6 March 2014

Fireman Sam

Good Afternoon Everyone, 

How are we all today.

This feels weird typing this on a Thursday afternoon as I am normally at work, however, today I am half a day so I am relaxing with a coffee, watching some chick flick telly program and writing up lots of blogs to be scheduled over the next few days. 

Okay so today I have a card I made for my husbands cousins little boy, who turned 4 last week, and loves Fireman Sam. He has a whole wall in his room as Fireman Sam on a Murial type thing and looks fab, so of course I thought he would love a Fireman Sam card, which he did and it his grandma said she might even frame it and pop it in his room for him - how fab would that be. 

So my card is an 8x8 card blank matted with a blue layer, backed with a fire engine backing paper, and then Fireman Sam, matted on a spellbinder shape, to finish his card I added his name, and age and some card candi. 








Fireman Sam has been cut using my Cricut machine (I was hoping to use my Cameo but ran out of time and didn't have time to search for one oops) 

So the Fireman was cut at 4 1/2 inches and built up using his layers that are provided in the book. I cut his little fire hydrant at 2 inches and popped it behind him giving the look he is popping out of the page, I also added a hose to his hand. 

I used a peachy keen stamp for his face and added extra detail (this is something I do need to work on, but this is my first time with Peachy Keen Stamps, so I am pleased with it, but know I could get it better) 

What would I change with my card, the name and age looking at it now, I wish I had cut a shadow for them and coloured the shadow in, in black with the yellow writing on the top, to help make the wording stand out a lot more. 

I am going to enter this card into the following challenges:


4 Krafty Girls - Anything Goes - 20/03
Seize the Birthday - Anything Goes Birthday - 13/03
Crafting By Design - Month Long Anything Goes -01/04
Crafty Creations Challenge - #258 Happy Birthday - 19/03

Thanks for looking I really appreciate you taking the time to come over to my blog and leave the lovely comments that you do. 

Crafty Hugs
Kelly 
xxx

11 comments:

Linda Simpson said...

I hope you enjoyed your half day. Love Fireman Sam he looks wonderful.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Kate M said...

That Fireman Sam is super - suitable for any four year old.
Love it - so colourful!
xx

crafty-stamper said...

great fireman Sam image and love the B.paperand die-cut frame-thanks for joining us at Crafty Girls
Carol DT x

Jan said...

Cute card xx Jan

Pat K said...

Fabulous card for a little boy Kelly. I'm sure it will be treasured. Hugs, Pat K x

Unknown said...

Great image and color choices!

Sylvia said...

Wonderful card for a 4 year old, love your Fireman Sam and that lovely backing paper.

Sylv xx

Sharyn Polesel said...

Fun image for a little boy! Love the background paper, and his name on the side. Thanks for joining us at Seize the Birthday!

nwilliams6 said...

Super fun! So great when you can make a card you know the recipient will flip over and I know he did. Great card. Hugz!

Jodene said...

Such a cute card, that little fireman is adorable! Thanks for joining us this week at Seize The Birthday :)

verybellemakes said...

Great card, love the fire engine DP! Thank you for joining the Crafty Girls challenge, hope to see you again soon.

Victoria DT