Tuesday 1 July 2014

Pop Up Box Tutorial

Good Morning Guys, 

I have recently had a few people ask me how I made the pop up card boxes, that I made you for mothers day. It has took me a while to get the tutorial done,especially with the 30 day challenge.

But better late then never. 

This is only my second tutorial so I hope it is okay for you guys. 


Step One


This is a A4 card stock and I have trimmed it to 11.5 Inches 
I used a score tool and score the blue lines and cut the red lines.. All the measurements are in the pic, except the "glue" section which I forgot that measurement is 0.5 inches wide by 2.25 inches high. 


Step Two


This is what you should get when it is cut and scored, you should be able to manipulate it so you can see what it would look like if you glued it - this will help to make sure you have the folds correct.  I don't glue it together yet.


 Step Three

Select your card and papers and mat and layer them up, I made my black card a quarter of an inch smaller and my paper a quarter of an inch smaller then the black. - This photo shows you were to place them on your base - these will show on the outside of the box once it has popped - if this doesn't make sense jump to the bottom for the completed box. 

Step Four

Select a coordinating paper and mat and layer this with your card stock - Again I am a quarter of the inch increments here ) - This is the paper that will show around the bottom of the box (not the flaps)

Step Five

Create your inner - This is a piece of card stock cut down to 8 Inches long and I think I cut this to 1 inch high. Again score were the blue lines are - the measurements should help you with this.  I made two of these.

Step Six



This is what you should get once you have folded them



This is what you should get once you have folded and then glued, you pop the glue on the 1/2 inch section, don't worry these will have movement to them. 


Step Seven


 This is what the inside will look like when you put the two pieces in. I glued the 1 inch sections - this can be fiddly to do, but once you get it in, you'll soon get the hang of it. 

Step Eight
This is what your pop up box will look like before it is decorated (this photo actually doesn't have the inners in) You can decorate these however you want and for who ever you want. 

I have added again the two I made for mothers day to show you how they look when they are decorated. 

Step Nine


This is what the card will look like when it is folded down and this will fit in an envelope. 

This is what they look like when they are finished. 




Forgot I did this one, this is incorporating a "Bee Crafty" Stamp





So that is my tutorial.. I will get better at these. 

Thanks so much for stopping in and I hope you all have a great day. 

Crafty Hugs
Kelly
xxx

2 comments:

Irene said...

Hi Kelly

Thanks for pop up box tutorial. Going to have a go at making one.

Irene

Sharon said...

Great tut and gorgeous boxes x