Saturday 19 July 2014

Hearts For You

Good Afternoon guys, 

Hope you are all keeping dry, so far we have had a bit of rain but nothing like what was forecasted. 

Today I am sharing for you a wedding anniversary card (I have plenty to share with you as July is my busiest month for anniversary cards) 

This card is one that I made for my husband’s cousin and his wife, the celebrated 14 years of marriage the other day. 

I first seen this idea on Pinterest, unfortunately it has been pinned that many times I am having problems getting back to the original idea. 

The card base is a A5 card base and is matted with black and white card, the top layer was a plain white card section that I embossed using one of Sue Wilson A4 embossing folders. 

I cut the hearts and the butterflies out with my Cricut machine. I used my promarker pens (lobster Pink, Yellow, and Grass) to colour in the die cut pieces, I went for vibrant colours so they stood out from the black. I embossed the top layer of each heart and matted a contrast butterfly to each piece. It was finished of with a sentiment of "Happy Anniversary"

Really simple for me, normally I love to have a coloured image in and flowers all over, but I think it actually looks pretty cool, and I am thinking some Christmas cards like this would look lovely. Watch this space - I will be having a play later and see what I can come up with. 




The challenges that I am entering this into are:

Crafty Catz #240 - Hot Summer/ or Hot Colours -  25/07
Sister Act Card Challenge #66 - Anything Goes - 25/07

Crafty Girls Challenge - #22 - Anything Goes - 24/07
7 Kids College Fund - #104 - Anything Goes - 30/07
Just For Fun - #1 - Anything Goes  - 01/08

I hope you like it and I will be back soon to share some more ideas with you. 

Crafty Hugs
Kelly
xxx

12 comments:

jane stillman said...

Such a simple but effective card Kelly,love the colours you chose for the hearts - looks fab set against the white

Linda Simpson said...

Love the embossed background and beautiful zingy colours.
Hugs
Linda xxxx

Laine said...

Such a sweet creation Kelly. Love the embossing and the fabulous colour palette.
Laine
xx

Kate M said...

Super CAS card, beautiful design and colours - great card.
xx

Jan said...

This looks fabulous xx Jan

Brawny x said...

Lovely card. X

Irene said...

Hi Kelly

Love the idea, simply but sweet.

Irene

KarinsArtScrap said...

it's beautiful Kelly.
Gr Karin

tilly said...

a simple idea that works so well, .thank you joining our challenge at Crafty Catz and hope to see you again
Tilly

Unknown said...

Sweet and juicy card, love the embossed background. This project is perfect for our 'hot summer/colors' challenge. Thank you for joining Crafty Catz Challenges this week and please come back again tomorrow for a brand new theme.
Hugs,
Anna xxx

Rosie said...

This is FABULOUS! Love the embossed background with the trio of hearts! Thank you for playing in our challenge at http://7kidscollegefund.com! Hugs, Rosie

MackieMade Paper Creations said...

What a wonderful card! Just love the pretty colors and the embossed background! Thanks for joining us at www.7kidscollegefund.com!