Wednesday 16 July 2014

Happy Belated Fathers Day

Hi Guys, 

So I have had a few scheduled blog posts for whilst I was away but I didn't get as many up as I wanted to before I left (how bad am I time just ran away from me) 

So anyway I am back from a fantastic week in Turkey, whilst we were there me and Alan celebrated our 5th wedding anniversary it was brilliant, just the two of us, spending time around the pool in 38 degree heat sipping cocktails most the day - just what the doctor ordered. 

Anyway today i have a card for you I made for fathers day. This is the card I gave to my dad. How late am I in getting this up on my blog.  OOOPs



So I used a Lili of the Valley image -  I love this image and it was perfect for my dad, we have dogs in our family (well he has three) and you will often find him sitting out in the garden with one of the dogs sat on the bench next to him, so as soon as I seen this I knew I had to use it!


I used my promarker pens to colour the image in with and chalk for the "sky" I added white liquid pearls to give some extra detail to the image. 

I used brown and green and matted and layered the papers up. I added a cloud with the word "DAD" in and a sentiment of "HAPPY FATHERS DAY" All the die cuts were cut using the cricut expression original machine. I added fake stitching around some of the letters and the cloud. 

I finished the card by adding string and card candi to it. 

I will be entering this into the following challenges:- 

Animal Friends Challenge - #16 Must have animal - 01/08
Crafts Galore Encore Challenge - Must use digi or rubber stamped image - 01/08
Crafty Hazelnut's Patterned Paper - Anything goes using patterned paper -01/08
The Sisters of Craft - Anything Goes - 01/08
Sarah Hurley 365 - July - Celebrations -01/08

I hope you have enjoyed the card and I look forward to reading your comments. 

Crafty Hugs
Kelly
xxx

17 comments:

Dreja said...

Eine süße Karte. Toll gemacht.
Danke daß du bei den Animal Friends mitmachst.
LG Dreja

Linda Simpson said...

This is beautiful Kelly. I am going to Turkey in September for 10 days and can't wait. I love it there.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Brawny x said...

A fab male card Kelly. Great image and colours used x

Em Louise Fairley said...

This is gorgeous Kelly. Thanks for stopping by my place and for your comment :)

Hugs
Em x
Creative Em

Laine said...

Love this image Kelly and your fabulous colour palette and detail.
Laine
xx

Cheremane said...

This is so lovely and simply perfect for any dad xx

jane stillman said...

So glad you had a fabulous time in Turkey - belated happy anniversary wishes. Gorgeous little image and love the colours you've chosen

Irene said...

Hi Kelly

A great card, love the colours and image.

Irene

KarinsArtScrap said...

Hi Kelly what beautiful cards you have made.
sorry that I did not comment lately.
and saw you have a new cutting machine , super.
Gr Karin

Sternenglanz said...

Deine Karte ist ganz fantastisch!
Das Motiv ist ja auch total knuffig!

Danke das Du bei der AFC mit machst.

lg Sternenglanz

Tracy said...

This is really lovely card Kelly, this image is always such a lovely image to use. I love your faux stitching xxx

Jan said...

Lovely card xx Jan

Kuni said...

Your card is wonderful.
Thanks for joining us at the Animal Friends challenge.
Hugs
Kuni

Anonymous said...

Eine wundervolle Gestaltung und Umsetzung. Mir gefällt Dein Werk sehr gut
Hab lieben Dank fürs mitmachen bei Animal Friends
Grüße Vanessa

Hazel said...

I have that image - love those. Thank you so much for joining my Craftyhazelnut's Patterned Paper July challenge with your super creation - hope to see you again soon x

jaine drake said...

Lovely manly card. Thank you for entering the challenge with Sarah Hurley this time.

Isobel said...

Lovely card
Thank-you for joining us at the Crafts Galore Encore