Sunday 27 July 2014

Fishy Wonders

Hi Crafty People, 

How are we all doing? 

Today is puppy sitting day whilst watching the F1 well trying to watch the F1 whilst entertaining the puppy.

Today's card is another Fathers Day card, I made this for a lady who requested it through my Facebook Page, I received great feedback on the card and was informed the recipient loved it. 

The criteria of the card were; for a male, with sea fish for the theme, it was a gift card for some Euro's to go in. 

Quickly got my thinking cap on, and looked for inspiration on what I could do, I am not going to lie it was a head scratcher to start with, I come across a site that allows you to download different elements of digital stamps and you can create your own scenes with them; perfect just what I needed. So the digital aspects are from the site but the scene is my own. 

I created it using my publishing software, printed it out and coloured it using Letraset Promarkers. 

I matted and layered the card up, added glossy accents to the eyes and a sentiment which I cut using the Cricut machine. 

That was that; the front was done now to tackle the inside. 



The front


 Close up of the scene


 Close up of the eyes on the fish



The inside of the card - the white card in the pocket pulls out so you can put the gift card/money inside the pocket


The inside was matted and layered with the same blue and white card as the front. 

I created a pocket and used a white gel pen to edge around the pocket and put fake stitching detail to it - I kind of tried to make it look like the back pocket of a pair of jeans - I think it worked. 

As requested the inside was left blank so the family could write their own verse and sentiment inside. 


So that is the completed card. What do you think? Do you think I got the requirements right? 

I am going to enter this into the following challenges:

Suzy Bee's Bloomin' Challenge - #39 Anything Goes - 01/08
Brown Sugar Challenge - #104 For the Boys - 01/08
Crafty Catz Challenge - #24 Anything Goes - 01/08
Sister Act Card Challenge - #67 Anything Goes - 01/08

That is it for me for today. Don't forget to pop back tomorrow, to see the card I have for you from Bee Crafty. 

Crafty Hugs
Kelly
xxx

6 comments:

Irene said...

Hi Kelly

Great card, those eyes really stare at you. You certainly have a talent.

Irene

KarinsArtScrap said...

Kelly this is fab and great card.
Gr Karin

caroline said...

Great card, thank you for sharing with us at brown sugar challenge, good luck
Caroline dt

Jac’s Playground said...

Fabulous card, love the pocket detailing on the inside too, thanks for joining us at Crafty Catz this week, Jac x

Unknown said...

Gorgeous design love it...thank you for sharing it with us over at Suzy Bee's Challenge....
Hugs
Suzy B ( Owner )
Xx

Tracy said...

i love this, those fish made me smile :) x