Friday 1 March 2013

Valentines Card - Male

Morning All, 

Hope you are all well. 

Today I have for you my husbands valentines card that I made for him. I didn't want a cute bear card for him so instead I opted for a more "unique" style card. 

As you can see from the card it is not the normal style of card that you would necessarily associate with valentines card. 

The base of the card is a cream card that has been edged with faux stitching. The leaves have been cut from a die cut and coloured in using pro marker and spectrum noirs. The border is from a nestabilities edge die that I got with my Grand Calibur from Create and Craft. The blue section is from a nestabilities that has been cut on a textured card and then coloured using Tim Holtz distress ink pads. It has been edged in white faux stitching. The banner "Alan" has been cut from my cricut machine and matched using the same colour as the leaves, the same backing paper and the same blue as the main mat. The image is a digital stamp that I had in my library and this has been coloured using a selection of pro marker pens and spectrum noir pens, (i love how these two different pens work so well together) The sentiment is from a perfect pals stamp collection from Crafters Companion the one with a little girl holding a pink Dalmatian puppy. 
To finish the card I have used two little blue gems and three pieces of card candy, blue red and white. 

Here is a close up of the coloured in image, I have always struggled with shading and this last week and a bit I have done nothing but watch the four day deal on Create and Craft with the pro marker pens and watched hundreds of you tube videos and I think I have finally cracked it. 

I will take some photos of the little pieces I have played with this week and get them up soon. 

Thanks for reading and remember keep them fingers crossed for me for the die'sire design team. 

Hugs and smiles
Kelly xxx

No comments: