Friday 15 March 2013

Flower Power

Morning Everyone, 

A new card for me today,

I have created this card using the LOTV Stamp If Friends Were Flowers , it was released back in November and I think it is delightful, very easy to stamp and colour in, which I  have found in the past with flower stamps to be a bit of a pain. I guess it is down to the quality of the LOTV stamp.

I made this card for my mother in laws mothers day card, It is a little bit different from my normal style of card. I like the idea and love the colours of the backing papers when I made the card I did like the flower I created but when looking back I kind of wish that I had used my normal "rose" style but I guess it is just different. The main thing is the Hubby loved it and so did the mother in law. So I guess that is all that counts. 

Well enough ramblings here is the card 




The recipe for the card is:
A4 Cream Hammered Card
Backing Paper - This believe it or not has been in  my stash for years and I have only just got around to using it up.
Lili of the Valley - If Friends were flowers stamps
The Flower was cut using the cricut machine in various different sizes
Swirl and Leaves are all cut as well from using the cricut machine.
The Card Candi at the edge of the card was a white card candi and was coloured in using promarker pens to match the flowers
The sentiment was printed from the computer coloured in using distress ink and mounted onto the same cream card
The image topper was also cut from the cricut machine - Martha Stuart Elegant Cake Art
The Image was coloured in using promarker pens and flex marker pens
The bow is just a plain cream ribbon tied by hand to create the bow.
The Bottom Lace effect is self adhesive ribbon.

I am putting forward this card for a few challenges.




5 comments:

Karen said...

Great card and fab BPs too, thanks for joining us at I ♥ ProMarkers.
xx

lalkygirl said...

what a fab card ,love the pretty image and papers
Thanks for joining us at i love promarkers and good luck
tracey x

Mary said...

Such a beautiful card with beautiful colours :) No wonder your mother-in-law loved it!

Thank you for playing along with us at Fussy and Fancy Friday Challenge...good luck!

Hugs,
Mary

Whimsey said...

Beautiful card; love the image; great papers!

Thanks for joining us at Ladybug Crafts Ink!!

~Michele

Susan said...

Beautiful Spring card - colours are lovely.
Thanks for joining the challenge @ Ladybugcraftsink xx