Sunday 31 March 2013

Happy Birthday Wellington

Afternoon Everyone,

I am a bit late then the normal Friday update, but my husband is on holiday from work and we where due to go away to the lake district but the snow stopped that, the site we where planning on going to had 5 foot snow drifts two days before we where due to go so decided to stay home instead and explore the local area. So got a tad busy.

But I am here today and the card I am sharing is a card I have made for my Grandad he will be turning 80 at the end of April (day before my own) he is a sufferer from dementia and unfortunately is now in a home, even though he does not recognize who I am any more I still know who he is and he loves gardening so decided on the lovely image from the Do Crafts Wellington CD I decoupaged it up and using the Do Crafts Design Studio, I created my own background paper. 
I mounted this onto various different mats to give it a bit of a texture to the card and added a piece of ribbon which I put another piece of ribbon under to create a "knot" 

I hope you like and as always all comments are appreciated. 

The Card


The Recipe 

White Card Blank
White card to matt 
Blue Card
Blue Shiny Card
Backing paper - Created by me
Wellington CD from Do Crafts
Piece of velvet feel ribbon
80 - cut from cricut machine 

The Challenges
I am putting this card forward to the following challenges 
Creative Card Crew - Challenge 32 - Masculine
Crafty-Emblies: Anything Goes
Amusing Challenges - Anything Goes

Thanks for looking 

Hugs
Kelly xxx

7 comments:

KraftyKoolKat said...

Very cute. Thank you for share your creation with us at Creative Card Crew. Enjoy the rest of your Eater.

Hugs
Cathy DT
xxxxxx

Unknown said...

Wow - this image is just breathtaking! Love your card - great design! Thanks for playing along with us at Creative Card Crew.

Unknown said...

This is such a lovely card! I was sad reading the story about your grandfather, however I am sure he will love the card. Thanks so much for joining us at Creative Card Crew this fortnight :)

Lou said...

Hi! really lovely and special card for your Grandad Kelly.
Sorry about your holiday,nice to be at home together.
Thanks so much for stopping by and your lovely comment :))
The shape of the card is cut from a Grand Nestabilities die from SirStampalot-
http://www.sirstampalot.co.uk/product_info.php?products_id=38929&osCsid=dfh62vrlr0ao2ad0llgu9q26k6
Not sure if the link will work but it is the Grand Labels One set.
take care,hugs Lou.xx

Tracy said...

I love your card for your Grandad. Dementia must be a terrible thing to live with for family members x
Thank you for joining on the Crafty Emblies blog challenge and I look forward to following you
Tracy (DT Member)

Chris said...

It's a beautiful card - I'm so impressed that you will still make such an effort to connect with your grandfather, I know it's a blessing to him! Thanks for playing along with my Amusing Challenges this week. It's great to have you join in on the fun!

Beccalite said...

This is a lovely card you have made for your Grandad. Dementia is a terrible illness, heartbreaking too. Lovely to see that you think about him like you said, you still know who he is even if it isn't reciprocated. Know how you feel, been there too xx

Thank you so much for coming over and joining in with out 9th Challenge over at Crafty-Emblies.

Great Big Huge Hugs

Becca xxx (Crafty-Emblies DT Member)