Monday 20 October 2014

Spooky Scrapbooking

Good Morning Crafty People;

Today I thought I would share with you a Halloween Scrapbook Layout. I tried to take pictures at each step so bare with me.  All of the stamps I used were from the new All Hallows Range


Step 1
I selected a plain black background and cut it down to 8 X 8 inches


 Step 2.
I used a white card stock and randomly stamped the spider using a black momento ink pad, once I was happy I cut it down to 7.75 x 7.75 inches.


Step 3 and Step 4
I picked an orange background I didn't want it so bright but this was all I had so I had to come up with an idea. I cut this down to 7.25 x 7.25 inches
So I Decided to take the Fern stamp and the black ink pad and randomly stamp the fern around the edges of the card stock I then used the Black Soot distress ink pad and some cut and dry foam to ink the edges, some of the ink got on my finger and left random dots but I didn't try and correct these as I thought it gave a bit more of a "spooky distress" look to it.

I used my explore to cut the border out, I cut it to the size of the card and left it to size. I added white pen around the "tombs" to give it some detail

Step 5. 
Next I created my photo mat layer. 
I used the black card and cut it 6.73 x 4.73 inches
I used a white card stock and stamped the "Poison" stamp I used a dark purple and then edged it with an orange ink I then cut this to 6.5 x 4.5  inches
Once my photo has been taken I will print this at 6 x4 inches


Step 6
I stamped my title and cut it down so it was nearly the correct size, I added orange ink around the edges on this

Step7
I then gathered up all my elements to check that they all worked together and that I was happy with it.
I adhered all these together



Completion
All being well this is what you should come out with, I added the title using foam tape, but only removed one piece leaving the bottom open so I can added my photo then remove the backing and fully stick it down.

To give it some final detail I added stitching around the "Spider" background and some additional detail to the "tombs"





I hope you have enjoyed this and I would love to see some of your Halloween Scrapbook Layouts.
Crafty Hugs
Kelly
xxx

No comments: