Sunday 2 February 2014

James Butterflies Birthday Card

Good Afternoon Everyone, 

Can you believe that it is February already?

Today is the start of the challenges back over at Eclectic Ellapu and today's challenge is 


Today's card is a card I made for my lovely mum who celebrated her birthday on Tuesday. 

I decided to do an 8x8 card and go with a blue theme for the colour scheme. 

I matted and layered my 8x8 with different backing papers, card stock and embossed the top layer with a butterfly embossing folder I used one of the new crafters companion a4 embossing folder "Butterflies"

The image I have used is from the new launch over at Lili of the Valley and it is James - Butterflies. 

I love James he is such a cutie, and looks like a bear I got of my grandparents when I was a child, he was yellow in colour so I decided to call him "Yellow" I still have him safely packaged away so he doesn't get damaged I am thinking he is about 22 years old. 

I used nestablilties for the frame around him. 

Here is the card


 Close up of the topper



Close up of James 




Now I coloured James in using a selection of Graph'It Markers and promarker pens
Graph' It Markers
James - 3190, 3170, 3130, 3110
Butterflies, 7260, 7250, 7240

Promarker 
Flowers - Soft Pink, Rose Pink, Pastel  Pink
Grass - Emerald, Lush Green, Forest Green, Grass
Flex marker - Edge James - Soft Aqua.

I then used my chalks to chalk more grass and sky around him, but was looking for a more softer feel then alcohol markers

To finish the card I added Ribbon, a sentiment  and card candi.


The challenges I would like to enter this into are:


Cards Galore Encore Challenge Blog - # 2 Add Gem, Glitter or Candi - 1/03
Hiding In My Craft Room - #135 - Use Blue - 8/02
Paper Creator's Crafts: #19 Anything Goes - 08/02
Paper Crafting Journey - Emboss That - 13/02
 

That is it for me for now, thanks for looking. 

Crafty Hugs
Kelly 
xxx


8 comments:

Lau W said...

So cute card ! Thanks for your participation at the Paper Creator challenge !
xx

Linda Simpson said...

This is gorgeous Kelly, I love the beautiful image and the textured background.

Hugs
Linda xxx

The-Crafty-Dragon said...

I love this card. James is so cute. Lovely colouring Kelly and the textured background is brill.

Dawn G Designs said...

What an absolutely adorable card! I love it! Thanks for entering The Cards Galore Encore Challenge Blog!
Dawn

Mollie said...

Super cute card! Your bear is adorable and I LOVE the mat that he is on! Thanks so much for sharing with us over at HIMCR this week!!!

Emily
Mollie's Motif

Irene said...

Hi Kelly

What a lovely image, so cute. Love the colours and layers.

Irene

Katherine Clayton said...

Awwww . . . what a sweet card! It is just adorable . . . and you did a GREAT job using blues. (You also did a GREAT job with your coloring.) Thanks for joining us over at Hiding In My Craft Room this week . . . hope to see you again next week!!!

Kathy HIMCR DT
UpintheNightwithKat.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

What a gorgeous card. Thank you for joining our Challenge at Crafts Galore Encore this month.

Hugs Erin DT x