Sunday 20 October 2013

Witching Hour

Good Morning Everyone, 

How are you?

Today is the start of a new challenge over at Eclectic Ellapu

This weeks theme is 

HALLOWEEN

Now as you know I am not a fan of Halloween, but after making gift cards, gift tags and sweetie bags, I thought it was time I made an actual Halloween Card. 

Now the card is a little over 5x5 

I used my Black soot distress ink to change the colour of the card from the standard cream to the black. 
The next layer was cut down a quater of an inch, coloured in with a purple promarker and mounted onto the card.

The main layer of the card has again been coloured using dress ink "black soot" I was looking for a wispy night look to it, so wasn't going 100% perfect on the blending as I wanted texture to the card.  I created my "moon" by cutting out a small circle and temporary adhering it to the layer before putting the ink on, and then I pealed the “moon" away leaving the white look. 

I used a white ink pad and a star stamp and added a few stars to the back ground. 

All my images have been cut from the cricut. I cut three bats, a cat, a witch, and a picket fence. I coloured the bats, witch and cat in with a black promarker to make them stand out, but left the fence white for additional detail. 

I finished the card by adding a ribbon and a bow to the picket fence. 



The challenges I would like to enter this card into are:

A Gem of a Challenge - Halloween -  25/10
Crafty Calender Challenge - Halloween - 2/11
Craftitude - Anything Goes/Spooky - 2/11
Sarah Hurley - Halloween - 1/11

Anyway I hope you like the card, and I will be back soon. 

 
 Crafty Hugs
Kelly
xxx

13 comments:

Crafts-by-Alison.blogspot.com said...

Brilliant Halloween card thought for a moment my mother had taken flight lol. Love Alison xxx

Unknown said...

Cute card! Love it! Thanks for joining us at Craftitude.

jane stillman said...

What a fab halloween card, so atmospheric and the image is fab too

Kerry said...

I love this card, and love the effect as well! xx

The-Crafty-Dragon said...

I'm not a fan of Halloween but I love this card. Your background is fantastic and the bats flying around are great to finish it of a fantastic flying witch crossing the moon. Fantastic. Xxxx

Granmargaret said...

Great Halloween card. Thank you for joining us at Craftitude.

caroline said...

great card really love your images
thanks so much for joining us at craftitude and hope to see you again
many thanks
caroline
craftitude dt

Sylvia said...

Just back from holiday and catching up with what everyone has been up to. Fabulous Halloween card, love that witch. Congratulations on being published and looking forward to your tutorial.

Sylv xx

mags said...

A fabulous creation. Thanks for sharing with us at A Gem of a Challenge and good luck.
Mags
x

Patricia said...

Awesome card Dawn! The background turned out awesome!

Seafield Jo said...

This is a super card, the background you have created looks great.

Thanks for joining in the fun at Crafty Calendar Challenge and good luck.

Jo x

nwilliams6 said...

Great witch card - love the monochromatic card and super image! Well done. Hugz!

Emily Lauritzen said...

This is an awesome Halloween card! Love how you made the whispy black sky!
<3 Emily L.